- Special Use Permits may be issued for special events, sporting events, and wedding related activities. See the following calendar for events in the park that may impact your visit at our Special Use Permit Calendar Page.
Special Use Permits
Certain types of activities require a special use permit. These include many types of organized gatherings, distribution of printed material and other public expressions of opinion, and other activities that are controlled or prohibited. See the information below.
A special park use is defined as a short-term activity that takes place in a park area, and that:
- Provides a benefit to an individual, group, or organization rather than the public at large;
- Requires written authorization and some degree of management control from the National Park Service (NPS) in order to protect park resources and the public interest;
- Is not prohibited by law or regulation;
- Is not initiated, sponsored, or conducted by the NPS; and
- Is not managed under a concession contract, a recreation activity for which the NPS charges a fee, or a lease.
- Read all conditions, guidelines and restrictions.
- Fill out and return specific permit application. Applications must be received at least 30 days in advance in order to be considered.
- Your permit will be created and returned for your signature.
- When received with your signature, your permit will be approved and returned to you.
For more information and forms contact Kathleen Smoot at 440-546-5991.
Weddings and Wedding Photography Permits
We offer a variety of lovely settings for weddings. For weddings or wedding photos you must obtain a Special Use Permit. For more information contact Kathleen Smoot at 440-546-5991.
The park has shelters and buildings that can be rented. Click here for details.
Commercial Filming and Photography Permit
The National Park Service encourages filming and photography when it will promote the protection and public enjoyment of park resources.
For more information contact Kathleen Smoot at 440-546-5991.
Research and Collection Permits
If you are planning a university project and considering doing research in CVNP, please visit the NPS Research Permit and Reporting System website.
Important requirements for research and reporting permits at CVNP.
If you are looking for possible Ph.D. or Master's degrees research projects in CVNP, we can provide you with a catalog of research project suggestions.
For more information contact Lisa Petit at 440-546-5970.
Commercial Use Authorizations
Commercial Use Authorizations authorize a private person, corporation, or other entity to provide commercial services in the National Park. Approval from the Superintendent through a Commercial Use Authorization is required before any commercial operations can begin in the park. For more information contact Kathleen Smoot at 440-546-5991.
Cuyahoga Valley National Park has several facilities available for public rentals that can accommodate a variety of activities. For reservations contact the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park at (330) 657-2909 ext. 119. For more information visit the facilities web page.
Reservable Picnic Shelters
The Ledges and Octagon Shelters in the Virginia Kendall Area are reservable by visiting the on-line national reservation system, www.recreation.gov and paying with a credit card.
Please visit our camping page here for more information.
To reserve a campsite click here.