Important Changes to Special Park Uses Program in 2019
Application and Cost Recovery Charges
The following are examples of charges you may incur as a part of the permitting process.
- Application fee, nonfefundable: $75
- Monitoring fees: $25 - $60 per hour depending on complexity of event and staffing levels (2 hour minimum).
- Use of utilities (electricity): $50
- Water buffalo: $50 (cost is per unit, permittee is responsible for securing water delivery).
- Administrative fees: $75 and up, depending on the complexity of event.
Permits will not be issued on the following dates:
- Only one permit per location per day will be approved.
- Memorial Day weekend (Friday - Monday)
- Labor Day Weekend (Friday - Monday)
- Independence Day and associated weekends.
- No events will be permitted at Brandywine Falls or on the Brandywine Gorge Trail on weekends, holidays, or during the month of October.
Organized running events and other large groups requesting trail use will only be permitted on the following trails:
- Salt Run
- Cross Country
- Oak Hill
- Towpath Trail (depending on size of the event and time the event takes place)
- Buckeye Trail
No permits will be issued at the following locations:
- Blue Hen Falls
- Old Carriage Trail
- Cuyahoga River
- East Rim Trails
No events will be permitted at Brandywine Falls or on the Brandywine Gorge Trail on weekends, holidays, or during the month of October.
All other locations will be limited based on availability, season, or size of the event. Please contact Permit Coordinator Kathleen Smoot at 440-546-5991 for additional information or e-mail us.
- Wedding ceremonies and photos: 30 days
- Commercial Filming and Still Photography: 30-90 days depending on complexity of project.
- Organized sporting events: 90 days
- Other special events: 90 days
- Proposals for new events: 6 months
Click here to download an application.
Weddings and Wedding Photography Permits
- We offer a variety of lovely settings for weddings. For weddings or wedding photos you must obtain a Special Use Permit. For more information contact the Permit Coordinator at 440-546-5991 or e-mail us.
Commercial Filming and Photography Permits
Research and Collection Permits
- If you are planning a university project and considering doing research in CVNP, please visit the NPS Research Permit and Reporting System website.
- Important requirements for research and reporting permits at CVNP.
- If you are looking for possible Ph.D. or Master's degrees research projects in CVNP, we can provide you with a catalog of research project suggestions.
- For more information contact Lisa Petit at 440-546-5970.
Commercial Use Authorizations
- Commercial Use Authorizations authorize a private person, corporation, or other entity to provide commercial services in the National Park. Approval from the Superintendent through a Commercial Use Authorization is required before any commercial operations can begin in the park.
- At this time commercial use for the Cuyahoga River is not authorized.
- For more information contact the Permit Coordinator at 440-546-5991 or e-mail us.
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park has several facilities available for public rentals that can accommodate a variety of activities. For reservations contact the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park at (330) 657-2909 ext. 130. For more information visit the .
Reservable Picnic Shelters