Getting Here by Plane
Commercial airlines serve the following airports near Yellowstone National Park all year: Cody and Jackson, WY; Bozeman and Billings, MT, and Idaho Falls, ID. The West Yellowstone, MT airport is serviced from June to early September from Salt Lake City, UT.
Getting Here by Bus
Bus service from Bozeman, MT to West Yellowstone, MT via Highway 191 is available all year. Bus service directly from Idaho to West Yellowstone is limited to the summer months. Commercial transportation from Bozeman, MT to Gardiner, MT is available during the winter and summer seasons. Commercial transportation to the park from Cody and Jackson, WY is available during the summer season. Contact local Chambers of Commerce for specific carriers and schedules.
Getting Here by Train
Train service is not available to Yellowstone National Park. The nearest train depots are in southeast Idaho, Salt Lake City, Utah and northern Montana. Contact Amtrak for specific schedules.
Getting Here by Car
Yellowstone has five entrance stations. Make sure to carefully read about access at each station at different times of year.
There are several things that can affect your driving experience in the park -- road accessibility, road construction, and fast-changing weather. We recommend that visitors check the following resources before traveling:
- Park Roads - shows current road status in the park
- Road Construction and Delays - shows scheduled road construction
- National Weather Service forecast for Yellowstone and Grand Teton
- WYDOT Road Information 888-WYO-ROAD (Wyoming)
- M-DOT Road Information 800-226-7623 (Montana)
- Road conditions are also available by calling 511, the Nation Traveler Information System. If your phone does not support 511, call 1-800-226-7623. Both numbers are toll-free. Select “Yellowstone National Park Tourist Information” from the main menu to hear Yellowstone’s road report.