- Be Bear Safe: Visitors should be aware that all bears are potentially dangerous. Park regulations require that people stay at least 100 yards (91 m) from bears (unless safely in your car as a bear moves by). Bears need your concern not your food;it is against the law to feed any park wildlife, including bears.
- Safely Viewing Wildlife: Do not approach wildlife, not matter how tame or calm the appear. Always obey instructions from park staff on scene and know the rules for viewing wildlife.
- Watch short Inside Yellowstone episodes about bears and bear safety presented by a park ranger (approx. 2 min.)
- Bears - A Yellowstone Love Story video (Yellowstone InDepth Episode 3, 9 min.): Everyone loves the bears in Yellowstone. In the park's early years, people fed them along the roadside and they learned to beg and scavenge at hotels, campgrounds, and the park's garbage dumps. But was the era of the "beggar bear" ultimately good for the people or the bears? Find out how this love affair has evolved over time.
- Learn more about Grizzly Bears and Black Bears
- More Bear Media: Minute Out In It, Video Library, Sound Library