Permits & Reservations

2022 Flooding Campsite Closures

Current campsite closures (may be extended or reopened early as repairs are addressed):

Rainy Lake
Windmill Rock View R56 - Reopening August 12th
Logging Camp R19- Reopening August 12th

Finlander Island R59 - Closed through August 18th
Fish Camp Island R13 - Closed through August 26th
Anderson Bay West R90 - Closed through August 26th
Lost Bay R20 - Closed through August 26th
Shelland Island R106 - Closed through August 26th
Saginaw Bay West R104 - Closed through August 26th

Namakan Lake
Catamaran N15 - Closed through August 31st

Sandpoint Lake
Granite Cliff S. S7 - Closed through August 31st


Voyageurs Entrance Fee - Free

There is no fee to enter Voyageurs National Park; enjoy your visit!

A renovated campsite with a brown bear box on the right of a designated campsite with a picnic table surrounded by trees.

Camping Permits

All tent campsites within Voyageurs National Park require a reservation fee and nightly amenity fees.

Houseboat Permits

All houseboats, sailboats, and cabin cruisers (defined as registered vessels that contain sleeping facilities, cooking and food storage facilities, and a no-discharge toilet) require a permit for overnights in Voyageurs National Park.

Tour Boat Reservations

Ranger-led boat tours require a fee at Voyageurs National Park.

  • Reservations for Ranger-led boat tours become available typically April 15th for the summer season.

Your Fees Benefit the Park

The fees you may pay when visiting Voyageurs National Park make a difference! We participate in the Congressionally-authorized Federal Recreation Lands Enhancement Act (FLREA). In Voyageurs, 96 percent of the fee revenue collected in the park stays here to help fund park projects related to the fee program.

A tour boat docked on water at a wooden boat launch with green grass on the shore and trees in the background. The sky is cloudy. The tour boat is 2 tiered with windows and a captain's quarters. The bottom of the boat is black and the top is white.
Take a tour on the VOYAGEUR or Charter our boats for a special event!

Special Use Permits (SUP)

All activities considered to either be a special event or special park use activities (including but not limited to: public gatherings, weddings, sporting events, and other special events) are required to obtain a Special Use Permit (SUP).

Tour Boat Charters

The park's tour boats are available for charter through a Special Use Permit.

Commercial Use Authorizations (Buisness Permits)

To conduct business in the park (e.g., private tour boat charters, fishing guide services, water taxis, boat rental), you must obtain an active Commercial Use Authorization (CUA).


Last updated: August 10, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

Voyageurs National Park Headquarters
360 Hwy 11 East

International Falls , MN 56649



Contact Us


Stay Connected