Wander on the West End
Spend a day in Windigo, on the west end of Isle Royale National Park. Windigo is a portal to wilderness with a variety of hiking trails accessible just steps from the Windigo Visitor Center. After your hike, take a seat and relax while you learn about the isolated island in Lake Superior by attending a ranger program. Choose a couple of these activities to design your own island adventure.
Island Adventures in Four Hours or Less
Ideal for Sea Hunter III Passengers
- Attend a Ranger Program
- Become a Junior Ranger
- Walk the Windigo Nature Trail
- Hike to Grace Creek Overlook
- Hike to Minong Ridge Overlook
- Paddle Washington Creek
Know Before You Go
- Isle Royale is a remote island in Lake Superior.
- The park is comprised of a roadless backcountry.
- Make sure to bring a water bottle, food, and anything you might need for a day.
- Lake Superior makes island weather unpredictable and travel delays are common.