Guided House Tours
Bicycles are not allowed on the preserve's hiking trails. Council Grove, 17 miles north of the preserve, has an access point to the Flint Hills Trail State Park which offers 117 miles of old railroad bed, perfect for the biking experience. Follow these directions:
- From the preserve, travel 17 miles north on K-177 (turn left from the parking lot) until you reach Council Grove, KS.
- Continue straight into town and stop at the stop sign. K-177 runs directly into Main Street.
- From Main Street (US 56) turn right and travel east to S. 8th Street.
- Turn right on 8th Street and travel south 2 blocks to Donnon Street.
- Turn right on Donnon Street and travel west for 2 blocks.