ALL park sites will be closed for federal Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday on Monday, January 16. The grounds at Chalmette Battlefield and Chalmette National Cemetery will be open 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. on January 16 although the visitor center will be closed. Parking lot gates at the Barataria Preserve will be open 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on January 16 for trail access although the visitor center will be closed.
Due to staff training, the following sites will open late on the days noted:
- Tuesday, January 10: Chalmette Battlefield Visitor Center will open at noon.
- Tuesday, January 17: Acadian Cultural Center will open at noon.
- Wednesday, January 18: Wetlands Acadian Cultural Center will open at 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, January 20: Barataria Preserve will open at 11:00 a.m.
Days and hours of operations for the six sites of Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve are
Acadian Cultural Center
(Lafayette) is open Tuesday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m.-noon. Closed on federal holidays and Mardi Gras.
Wetlands Acadian Cultural Center
(Thibodaux) is open Monday-Tuesday 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. and Wednesday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. The center is also open 8:00-11:00 a.m. on Farmer's Market Saturdays (check with the center for dates). Closed on federal holidays and Mardi Gras.
- Barataria Preserve (Marrero) Visitor Center is open Wednesday-Sunday 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Closed on federal holidays. Preserve parking lot gates are open daily for access to trails 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., including on federal holidays. Preserve is completely closed on Mardi Gras.
- French Quarter Visitor Center (New Orleans) is open Tuesday-Saturday 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Closed on federal holidays and Mardi Gras.
- Chalmette Battlefield and Chalmette National Cemetery (Chalmette) Visitor Center and entrance gates are open Monday-Sunday, Memorial Day, and Veterans Day 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. The visitor center is closed on federal holidays other than Memorial Day and Veterans Day, but entrance gates are open by 9:30 a.m. and close at 3:30 p.m. on federal holidays.. Battlefield and national cemetery completely closed on Mardi Gras.
For information on what each site offers, links to maps, and other useful information, click here. For a printable pdf with hours and days of all sites, click here. For dates of all federal holidays, click here.