- Be sure to check our Current Conditions page for the latest updates.
- HISTORIC THIBODAUX WALKING TOUR - 10:00 a.m. every Tuesday - Thursday. Join a ranger for a stroll through downtown Thibodaux and hear the stories of its past. Come see why Budget Travel named Thibodaux one of the Coolest Small Towns 2022! No tour on federal holidays. Free. To learn more, email us.
- BOAT TOURS OF BAYOU LAFOURCHE - 10:00 a.m. every Friday and Saturday in May. Cruise into Louisiana's past on a ranger-guided boat tour. No tours on federal holidays or during June, July, and August 2022. Tours will resume in September 2022. Learn more here.
- MUSIC ON THE BAYOU - 2:00 p.m. every Saturday (weather permitting and no music on federal holidays). Discover the wide range of south Louisiana's music: zydeco, gospel, blues, jazz, Cajun, and more. Bring your lawn chair and enjoy the great outdoors with great music! To find out who's playing, check out our Facebook page or call the center at 985-448-1375. If you have suggestions or requests for performers, email the park. Free.
- SATURDAY PARK KID ADVENTURES - 2:00 p.m. every Saturday (weather permitting and no activities on federal holidays). Each Saturday we'll be offering Free Outdoor Kids' activities for the whole family from 2-3 p.m. during Music on the Bayou. Explore the science and art of our bayou region! Free.
- Citizen science programs, training, and events - Join the team to learn about the world around you, record your observations, and share them to assist with scientific research.
- SUMMER CAMPS: The time has arrived for summer camp! Find more information on the Wetlands Acadian Cultural Center Summer Camp page.
The lives of the Acadians (Cajuns) and others whose travels brought them to Louisiana's bayous are featured at the Wetlands Acadian Cultural Center in Thibodaux. Explore recreation, clothing, home furnishings, religion, cuisine, and fishing through exhibits, artifacts, videos, and films. A 200-seat theater is used for productions by the Thibodaux Playhouse, Inc., and other programs. Kids can earn a badge with the Junior Ranger program. The center's park store has CDs, craft items, and books from cookbooks to children's stories on sale. Admission to the center and to most programs is free. Follow these links for the park's calendar of events, exhibits, and programs; for directions and transportation options; and for accessibility information.
Special programs by reservation: