This ordinary State House bell was transformed into an extraordinary symbol of liberty.
The Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution were both signed here.
The Congress of the U.S. met here for ten years (1790-1800) while Philadelphia served as the nation's capital.
On display are original printed documents and the silver inkstand believed to be the one used to sign the Declaration and U.S. Constitution.
This building was home to the Supreme Court of the United States from 1791-1800.
Over 150 portraits of the founders grace the walls in this portrait gallery.
The original home is gone, but outdoor exhibits reveal much about President Washington and his household.
Much has changed at this site, even just from when this photo was taken in 1950.
Although not Franklin's shop, this printing office tells the story of Franklin and printing.
One of the original five squares, this park features a memorial to George Washington and the unknown soldiers of the American Revolution.
Now park headquarters and home to a small lobby exhibit, this building was once the city's mercantile hub.
Free Quakers established their own place of worship in this building in 1783.
This tavern served as a popular gathering spot for businessmen, travelers, politicians, and the city's social elite.
President Washington held cabinet meetings here, and later lived here with his family and servants.
Bishop William White lived in this home with his family.
Home to future First Lady Dolley Madison and her first husband, John Todd, this house later became a luncheonette.
This bank was at the heart of an early Constitutional struggle.
Thomas Jefferson and Robert Hemings resided here when Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence.
Home to the War Department in the 1790's, the museum highlights the history of the Continental Army, Navy, and Marines.
Last updated: July 5, 2021
143 S. 3rd Street