|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: C.J. Adams, 307.739.3431MOOSE, WY—The entire Moose-Wilson Road is now open. The northern section of the road had been closed for human safety and the protection of bears. Visitors are encouraged to slow down while driving as wildlife remain active through the area.
Park staff will continue to monitor the situation. A closure could be reinitiated if bear activity increases again.
Rangers remind visitors to “Be Bear Aware,” as these animals are active throughout park and are feeding on ripened berries. All visitors are required to maintain a safe distance of at least 100 yards from bears and wolves and 25 yards from all other wildlife.
When recreating in bear country, it is important to:
- BE ALERT watch for bears, fresh tracks, or scat.
- MAKE NOISE in areas with limited visibility.
- CARRY BEAR SPRAY, know how to use it, and keep it readily available.
- HIKE IN GROUPS of three or more people.
- DO NOT RUN, back away slowly.
Last updated: August 28, 2021