The Brunswick Visitor Center shares the building with the Brunswick Railroad Museum. For over a century Brunswick has been a railroad town. In 1890 the B&O Railroad moved its yard here from Martinsburg. The railroad yard was a "classification yard," it was used for switching cars to different lines. The Brunswick yard was the longest yard owned by a single company, it was seven miles long. This once bustling company town is now a quiet place since the decline of the railroads. The remains of the rail yard are still visible from the canal towpath. There is an admission charge for this section of the museum. There is also a gift shop in the Brunswick Railroad Museum.
Last updated: March 17, 2020