8 Slatersville Commercial Blocks
The First Commercial Block (on the right) was constructed in 1850, when it housed the company store and the First National Bank. Many other businesses have used this space over the years, including barber shops and a hardware store. The stairway on the far side of the block leads to the old night-deposit vault for the bank. The Second Commercial Block was built in 1870. The upper floors of both buildings were used for workers' recreation - dances, social activities and later movies. Today, both are still in use.
Last updated: May 27, 2016