At the intersection of Hill Street and Main Street is the heart of Whitinsville—Memorial Square. The Whitin family transformed an existing pasture into the village common in 1890 and in 1905 added the Civil War Memorial. Across from the Square stand the imposing Congregational Church and Whitinsville Social Library —both given to the town by the Whitins. The white mansion beside the Library is the Congregational Parsonage, donated to the Congregational Society by the Whitins in 1864.
Last updated: May 27, 2016