No fees are charged for hiking on the trail but fees may be required for parking, camping, or entrance at various sections along the trail. Scroll down for information on the American the Beautiful Federal Lands Pass.
The North Country Trail Association's website lists the following sites as requiring camping or entrance fees.
- Some National Forest Recreation Areas and Campgrounds
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore (MI)
- North Dakota State Parks
- Minnesota State Parks
- Wisconsin State Parks and Forests
- Michigan State lands
- Ohio State Parks (generally park entrance is free, fees apply only for overnight use)
- Pennsylvania State Parks (generally park entrance is free, fees apply only for overnight use and certain day use activities)
- New York State Parks
For more information, please check ahead with the responsible agency or landowner.