PLEASE READ! WILDERNESS-RELATED ALERTS
- Demand for Wonderland Trail Camps is at a record high and surged in early August. There are nights when EVERY campsite in the backcountry is full. This is a first for the park.
- While weekends are the busiest for getting backcountry permits, weekdays are not much better given the high volume of visitors attempting to get permits everyday.
- Where being flexible used to help in getting a Wonderland Trail permit, it is of marginal help now that all camps are saturated with hikers.
- In some instances, after trying every possible combination of camps, starting points and direction, there is often no way to make a trip work.
- The high level of demand for Wonderland Trail backcountry permits is expected to persist into September.