Updates about current park conditions. Updates are also posted by MountRainierNPS on Twitter.
- Expect road construction between Longmire and Paradise throughout the summer.
- Plan ahead to avoid summer congestion. High visitation is expected for the summer. Visit on weekdays, or come early/late in the day to avoid peak visitation hours.
- Please remain alert to your surroundings at all times and be aware of geohazards. Report any unusual stream flow or conditions to a park ranger.
SR410 east of Cayuse Pass has reopened - update 9/21/17
The entire SR 410 corridor is now open after being closed due to fire activity outside the northeast boundary of the park. Associated trails are also open to normal use with the exception of the Pacific Crest Trail north of Chinook Pass. All evacuation orders affecting Mount Rainier National Park have been rescinded. Fire crews are completing operations along the highway outside of the park. Please drive cautiously as they will be monitoring areas along the SR 410 corridor. News Release, 9/21/17
Paving in Ohanapecosh and White River Campgrounds - update 9/26/17
- Ohanapecosh Campground paving will tentatively start September 25, weather dependent. A and C Loops will be closed.
- White River Campground paving will begin September 28 or September 29, weather dependent. The campground has closed for overnight camping for the season. Day use and backcountry parking will be very limited to designated areas. Please follow signs and volunteers will be assisting with parking.
Paradise Trail Work - update 9/26/17
Expect closures this week due to paving operations. Please follow posted signs and directions. Affected trails:
- Nisqually Vista Loop
- Dead Horse Creek, between Lower Lot and Avalanche Lily
- Avalanche Lily, between Alta Vista and Dead Horse Creek
- Alta Vista, between Lower Lot to Avalanche Lily