Forms for National Maritime Heritage Grant Recipients
Funds for National Maritime Heritage Grants will be disbursed directly to State Historic Preservation Offices (SHPOs). The NPS signs a direct grant agreement with the SHPO for grants in each SHPO?s state; applicants access project funds through a subgrant the SHPO makes with each successful applicant. Although the NPS selects the recipients of Maritime Heritage Grants, there is no direct grant agreement between the NPS and the applicant. Therefore, it is critical that successful applicants work closely with their SHPO to access funds and ensure compliance with all laws and regulations as explained in the grant agreement.
The documents and forms below are provided for your use or guidance throughout the grant period. If you have trouble accessing them, please contact Kelly Spradley-Kurowski.
- Maritime Heritage Grants Manual (2014) (pdf)
- Maritime Heritage Grants Manual (2015) (pdf)
- Maritime Heritage Grants Manual (2016) (pdf)
- Historic Preservation Fund Grants Manual (pdf)
- State Historic Preservation Officers Directory
- OMB Circulars (Federal Grant Cost Principles and Administrative Requirements)
Contracting and Procurement Information
These documents are to assist you in record keeping, and should be retained in case of audit or when required by the SHPO for its semi-annual reporting to the NPS on subgrant progress:
- Competitive Negotiation and Contracting Documentation (pdf)
- Donated Equipment Form (pdf)
- Donated Labor Form (pdf)
- Donated Material Form (pdf)
- Guidance for Photographic Documentation (pdf)
- Project Images Form (pdf) (please note: this file may open better if you save it to your desktop first)
Grant Project Publicity and Program Acknowledgement
Grant projects will be required to acknowledge assistance from the National Park Service and carry a disclaimer when publicizing the project and its results. The following documents should be used to assist you in these circumstances:
- Acknowledgement and Disclaimer Requirements (pdf)
- Sample Press Release and Publicity Statement (pdf)
Periodic progress reports and a final report on the project must be submitted to the NPS. The following documents are the cover sheets for each report and explain what is required. Recipients should?not?forward these forms or supporting documentation directly to the NPS; please consult with your SHPO about meeting these requirements.