|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Darlene M. Koontz, (530) 595-4444, ext. 5101
Lassen Volcanic National Park Announces 2009 Annual Pass Photo Contest
Calling all photographers! The 2009 Lassen Volcanic National Park Annual Pass Photo Contest is now open for photo image nominations. This popular photography contest will run through September 4, 2008. “Lassen Volcanic National Park is a wonderful place for outdoor recreation and experiences. The majestic beauty that the park has to offer makes this an ideal location for photographers,” Superintendent Darlene M. Koontz stated. Images captured of park scenery can be submitted for the photo contest. Images will be judged by employees and volunteers of Lassen Volcanic National Park, with the selected image printed on the 2009 Lassen Volcanic Annual Pass. The winner will receive photo credit and a $50 gift certificate, compliments of the Lassen Association. Contest rules:
· Slides and digital files will not be accepted.
· Limit of two photos per household.
· Entries must be received by the park’s Fee Office no later than the close of business on Thursday, September 4th, 2008.
· Photos will not be returned and will become property of the U. S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service.
· For each photo submitted, enter your name, address, phone number, subject and location of each photo on a separate sheet of paper.
· Photos should be mailed to Lassen Volcanic National Park, Attn: Fee Office, P. O. Box 100, Mineral, CA 96063-0100
The Lassen Volcanic Annual Pass is part of the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act, which enables Lassen Volcanic National Park to retain 80% of fees collected through the selling of passes and the collection of entrance fees. These funds pay for needed repairs and projects to improve visitor services and facilities. Projects currently underway include exhibits for the new Kohm-Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center.
Fees collected at Lassen Volcanic National Park have helped fund a range of park projects to enhance the visitor experience, including:
· New water treatment facility at Butte Lake Campground
· New exhibits, restroom and plaza at the Loomis Museum
· Bear-proof food lockers in campgrounds · Interpretive wayside exhibits along the park road
· New Southwest Entrance Station
Many new and exciting things are happening at Lassen Volcanic National Park. Get out and experience the many beauties the park has to offer and submit your entry to the 2009 Annual Pass Photo Contest.
For more information, please contact the park at (530) 595-4444, Monday through Friday, except holidays, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or visit the park website at www.nps.gov/lavo.