Plan a Fall Visit
The 2018 Summer Guide is an indespensible resource for planning a fall time visit. The 2018/2019 Winter Guide will be available in December.
- The Lassen National Park Highway (30 miles of Hwy. 89 that go through the park), is open to traffic until snow fall.
- Be aware of and prepared for changing weather conditions and plan accordingly. A snowstorm can close park roads with little or no notice.
- Check on current area highway travel delays due to construction.
View the Day Hiking page for details on park hiking trails.
The Kohm Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center (at the southwest entrance of the park) is open daily from 9 - 5. The Loomis Museum (at the northwest entrance of the park) is open from 9 - 5 Friday - Saturday until October 28. See all operating hours and seasons.
- Campgrounds close throughout the fall season. Check out all park campground operating dates and more information regarding camping in the park.
- Wilderness camping requires a wilderness permit. Read more about wilderness camping in the park.