Planning a Summertime Visit?
Please be aware of the following:
- The park will be covered in snow April and May. Many trails are covered until July.
- Road clearing operations began April 4, 2017. Sections of the park highway will open when it is safe for vehicle traffic.
- Roads and trails are often closed or snow-covered through June.
- Higher elevation trails such as Lassen Peak, Bumpass Hell, and Kings Creek Falls are often snow-covered through much of July.
- Hiking can necessitate the use of sturdy footwear, trekking poles or more advanced winter equipment such as crampons or ice axes.