The Department of Interior, National Park Service, and Kenai Fjords National Park utilize USAJOBS to post position openings. USAJOBS is the federal government's official one-stop source for federal jobs and employment information.
For information on volunteering at Kenai Fjords visit our Volunteers page.
Before you apply for a position with Kenai Fjords National Park, be sure to review the entire vacancy announcement carefully. Each vacancy announcement contains specific information about the duties of the position and the qualifications required.
After reviewing the vacancy announcement, if you are interested in the position and believe you meet the qualification requirements, all applications must go through the USAJOBS website. It is recommended to create an account, resume, and upload any documents early, so that it is ready to go when the vacancy announcement is posted.
Preparing an applicaiton for a Federal governement job is a little different than preparing one for other employers. In addition, vacancy announcements are often posted for a very limited time.
REMEMBER: Several-page-long resumes are common. Be sure you include the following information:
- Your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, and Social Security Number.
- Country of Citizenship.
- Veteran’s preference eligibility.
- Eligibility for reinstatement based on previous Federal service.
- Work experience (including any relevant volunteer experience). Include specific starting and ending dates (month/day/year), job title, grade (if Federal employment), salary, hours worked per week, employer’s name and phone number, supervisor's name and phone number, and detailed information regarding your duties and accomplishments in the jobs you held.
- Education completed. List names and addresses of schools attended, major(s), degree(s) earned, and year(s) received.
- Other information relevant to the position for which you are applying, such as job related training courses, job-related skills, current job related certificates and licenses, etc.
In addition, most announcements also require that you submit your information in response to a list of knowledges, skills, and abilities directly related to the position being filled. Other forms may also be required, such as documentation supporting veteran's preference or reinstatement eligibility. Each announcement contains all the details about application procedures and deadlines and lists all the forms and information required for a complete application package.