|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: George Land, 760-367-5507
JOSHUA TREE NATIONAL PARK, Twentynine Palms, California –
Joshua Tree National Park will close some campgrounds for the 2015 summer season. Summer is the slow season at the park and there is less demand for overnight camping during these hot summer months. Seasonal campground closures allow impacted natural areas to recover, and also help to reduce the cost of maintaining these facilities.
The following closures will take place on Monday, June 1st, 2015:
- Black Rock Campground- east side of the campground will close. West side remains open;
- Cottonwood Campground—B loop will close. A Loop remains open.
- Indian Cove Campground—west side of the campground will close. East side and the group campsites remain open.
- Ryan Campground—closed entirely at the access road.
- Campsite Reservation Service will suspend for summer at noon on June 25th.
These facilities will reopen October 1st, 2015 or as needed, should visitation require. All other park facilities including visitor centers, picnic areas, and campgrounds remain open for normal visitor use. Black Rock Nature Center is closed until October as well.
- www.nps.gov -