Point Bonita Lighthouse is reached by a half mile trail that is very steep in parts. Discover Point Bonita's wild landscape, geology and fascinating history. The tunnel halfway to the lighthouse is open only during visiting hours: Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tips and Highlights
- Very limited parking availability.
- Battery Wallace, near the Point Bonita trailhead, is one of the parklands' most scenic picnic spots with tables and grills overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Bring your own water when visiting.
- Sights along the trail to the lighthouse include the ruins of an historic Coast Guard rescue station, wildflowers, and pillow basalt rock formations.
- Discover Point Bonita's wild landscape, geology, and fascinating history with a guided tour. Visit our online calendar for details. Or explore Point Bonita on your own!
Check out Transit 511.org for MUNI 76 Service on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
For more information, please contact:
Marin Headlands Visitor Center
Fort Barry, Building 948
Sausalito, CA 94965