Directions to Point Bonita Parking Lot
Fort Barry, Sausalito, 94965
From San Francisco:
1. Drive north across the Golden Gate Bridge. Exit at Alexander Avenue (just beyond the Vista Point).
2. Drive 0.2 miles on Alexander Avenue. Turn left onto Bunker Road (marked by a brown sign: Fort Baker/Marin Headlands Tunnel Route).
3. Drive to the 1-way Baker-Barry Tunnel, which is controlled by a 5-minute light. When the light is green, proceed through the tunnel.
4. Drive though the housing area. Stay on Bunker Road for approximately 2 miles.
5. Turn left onto Field Road (follow sign to Visitor Center)
6. The Visitor Center will appear on your right, in a historic military chapel. Continue 0.6 - 0.7 miles to the Point Bonita Parking Lot. The lot is on the right-hand side of the road and the following sign will appear before it: Parking Lot for: Handicap; Battery Alexander; Pt. Bonita Lighthouse; Bird Island; Coastal Trail
From the East Bay/North Bay:
1. Travel south on Highway 101.
2. Take the second Sausalito exit (it’s just before the Golden Gate Bridge). Bear right, and go back under the freeway. After 0.2 miles, turn left at Bunker Road (brown sign, Fort Baker/Marin Headlands Tunnel Route).
3. Follow directions from #3 above.
Last updated: April 27, 2018