- Bayonet Sling - made of white leather. Holds the bayonet. Used by the infantry.
- Cartridge Box - made of black leather. Used to hold cartridges. Cartridges were cylindrical tubes of paper that contained a charge of black powder and a bullet or ball.
- Cartridge Sling - made of white leather. Used by the infantry to carry their cartridge boxes.
- Waist Belt - made of white leather. Goes around the waist and has a belt buckle attached. Used by the infantry.
- Whisk and Pick - used to clean black powder residue out of the pan and the touchhole of the musket.
- Bayonet - a metal spearlike weapon, detachable, and affixes to the ends of muskets and
rifles. Used in hand-to-hand combat.
- Musket - a long smoothbore weapon. The muskets used at Fort Scott were flintlocks.
Weapons-Tools of the Trade
The accoutrements and weapons of the infantry soldier are as follows:
The accoutrements and weapons of the dragoon soldier are as follows:
Last updated: July 30, 2016