The tools in this case are the parts of the infantry soldier's uniform and his accoutrements
- Brogans - made with leather-black and square toed.
- Dress Jacket - used for dress parades and guard duty. Dark blue with white piping and double breasted row of buttons.
- Shako - tall hat, made of wool with white cotton plume. Used as part of the dress uniform.
- Neck Stock - a black band of leather worn around the neck. It helped (somewhat) to protect the soldier from saber wounds to the neck.
- Fatigue Cap or Wheel Cap - made of wool with leather visor-the everyday cap of the soldier.
- Fatigue Jacket - made of wool-sky blue-with white piping
- Fatigue Trousers - plain, sky blue, wool-sergeants and corporals had stripes on their pants.
- Cotton or Flannel Undershirt
- Bayonet Sling - made of white leather. Holds the bayonet.