Recommended Activities for a 2 - 4 Hour Visit:
- Start in the Visitor Center
- Explore hands on exhibits and fossil displays in the visitor center
- View the 14 minute Shadows of the Past movie in the visitor center
- Explore outdoor exhibits (behind the visitor center) featuring massive petrified tree stumps.
- Take a self guided hike on the 1/2 mile Ponderosa Loop, 1 mile Petrified Forest Loop, or 1 mile Geologic Trail
- Youth (and former kids) can earn a badge by completing a Junior Ranger book which are free at the visitor center front desk.
- Ready for a longer hike? The Monument has 15 miles of nature trails beyond the self guided fossil trails.
- Check the Calendar for Special Events throughout the year.
- Ranger Guided Activities: During the summer season, ranger guided hikes and programs occur daily.
For More Information or for Help Planning your visit call (719) 748-3253.