As unique as its name, campsites are surrounded by a young lava flow near the visitor center.
Lava Flow Campground
Availability: Mid-April - October (Weather dependent)
Details: 42 sites are available on a first come-first served basis; no reservations are accepted.
Cost: $15 per site during the main season and $8 per site after water is turned off to the campground. The cost is half price with Senior or Access passes. Pay with a credit card at any time on the automated fee machine located near the campground entrance.
- charcoal grills
- picnic tables
There are no hookups, showers or waste water dump stations. Large RV's and trailers can be accommodated in a limited number of sites.
- To claim a campsite, please leave an item and register for your site at the automated fee machine as soon as possible. Place receipt in box on campsite post.
- Pay with a credit card, no cash or checks are accepted.
- No wood fires are permitted. Use charcoal in the grills.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (no generators running, loud music, etc.).
- Please use service sink in the brick restroom for washing dishes and disposal of waste water.
- Please help decrease the amount of waste that we send to our local landfill by utilizing the recycle center located in the campground.
- Our water supply is inadequate for filling water tanks. You are welcome to fill jugs but please fill RV tanks elsewhere.