Lava Flow CampgroundAs unique as its name, campsites are surrounded by a young lava flow near the visitor center.
Availability: Mid-April - November (Weather dependent)
Details: 42 sites are available on a first come-first served basis; no reservations are accepted.
Cost: $15 per site during the main season and $8 per site after water is turned off to the campground. The cost is half price with Senior or Access passes. Pay with a credit card at any time on the automated fee machine located near the campground entrance. No fee charged during the very late and early seasons (November & April).
- water (in season)
- charcoal grills
- picnic tables
- Sites #34, 35, 42 & 3 are fully accessible. Site #34 contains an electrical outlet for use by those with medical needs.
There are no hookups, showers or waste water dump stations. Large RV's and trailers can be accommodated in a limited number of sites.
- To claim a campsite, please leave an item in your desired campsite and register for your site at the automated fee machine as soon as possible. Place receipt in box on campsite post.
- Pay with a credit card, no cash or checks are accepted.
- No wood fires are permitted. Charcoal fires are permitted in the grills.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (no generators running, loud music, etc.).
- Please use service sink in the brick restroom for washing dishes and disposal of waste water.
- Please help decrease the amount of waste that we send to our local landfill by utilizing the recycle center located in the campground.
- Our water supply is inadequate for filling water tanks. You are welcome to fill jugs but please fill RV tanks elsewhere.
- Campsites are limited to a maximum of 8 people, 2 tents, and 2 vehicles unless otherwise posted.
- All vehicles must remain on paved roads at all times.