|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Kezia Nielsen, 435-772-0211Zion National Park is pleased to announce the completion of the Virgin River Comprehensive Management Plan and the signing of the Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) by the National Park Service Intermountain Regional Director. The plan provides protection for 144 miles of designated wild and scenic rivers within Zion National Park. The management and monitoring strategies found in the plan are designed to protect and enhance the rivers' free-flowing condition, water quality, and other values that qualify these river segments for inclusion in the National Wild and Scenic River System.
- the kinds and amounts of visitor use that each river segment can accommodate while ensuring protection of river values;
- the types and levels of development allowed in each river corridor;
- indicators that will be monitored to track changes caused by human activity;
- adaptive management strategies to implement as changes occur;
- actions to preserve the rivers free flowing condition; and
- actions to protect and enhance water quality, ecological processes, scenic values, recreational opportunities, and fish and wildlife.