The Coal Creek Dredge is a piece of living history in Yukon-Charley Rivers National Preserve. Located about a mile off the Yukon River, up the Coal Creek drainage, the dredge stands as it did when the miners left it, decades ago. Many tools and supplies remain inside as if the workers walked away yesterday.
Step back in time and experience the history of mining in Yukon-Charley Rivers by:
- Downloading the Self-Guided Dredge Tour (pdf)
- Learning about Placer Mining History and Techniques
- Re-living and Remembering Life at Coal Creek
- Reading about the History of the Coal Creek Dredge
- Learning about The Gold Dredge Creator: Walter Johnson
Last updated: April 10, 2020