|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Yosemite National Park announces the opening of public scoping for the White Wolf Lodge and Duplex Cabins Rehabilitation Environmental Assessment (EA). The scoping period will begin August 15, 2011 through September 4, 2011. Comments will be used to assist the park in assessing feasible project alternatives that meet the purpose and need of the plan, including a no action alternative, and analyzing the environmental effects of each alternative.
The White Wolf Lodge and Duplex Cabins are aging structures and need rehabilitation. The cabins and lodge are experiencing site drainage problems. Electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems also need to be updated.
Primary rehabilitation work on the cabins and the lodge will include:
- Stabilization of structures and attachment of buildings to new foundations
- Minimize water flow under structures and moisture migration from below floor levels
- Material repair to exterior sheathing materials
- Repair and conditioning of existing windows and doors
- Reroofing all buildings and new chimney cricket/flashing at Main Lodge
- Replacement of interior floor and ceiling finishes
- Relocation and construction of compatible enclosure for refrigerated food storage units
- Minimize alterations to existing building footprint and adjoining site
- Screening of non-contributing utility features on site
- Waterproofing of foundation walls and vapor barrier at grade under buildings
A public Open House will take place on August 31, 2011 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Valley Visitor Center Auditorium in behind the Valley Visitor Center. Park Admission fees will be waived for those attending the Open House.
The public scoping period for this EA will open on August 15, 2011 and will extend through September 4, 2011. Written comments should be postmarked no later than September 4, 2011. Comments can be submitted at public meetings, by mail, fax, email, or through the Planning, Environment, and Public Comment (PEPC) commenting system. Comments may be submitted by the following means:
Attn: White Wolf Lodge Duplex Cabins Rehabilitation
P.O. Box 577
Yosemite, CA 95389
Phone: 209/379-1365; Fax: 209/379-1294E-mail
Web: PEPC (Planning, Environment, and Public Comment). Access the site at https://parkplanning.nps.gov/yose