|Subscribe | What is RSS|
The National Park Service welcomes those interested to attend an Open House in Yosemite Valley on January 30, 2008 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm in the Yosemite Valley Visitor Center Auditorium.
The public is invited to the Open House to:
- Talk to park staff and listen to presentations given throughout the day
- Review newly released documents and reports
- Submit comments on proposed projects and ongoing implementation efforts
Projects and topics that will be represented at this Open House are:
- Vogelsang Backcountry Utilities Improvement Project
The public is welcome to share their scoping comments at this official public scoping meeting. Public scoping for this project began on January 15, 2008 and will run through February 13, 2008.
- Golden Crown Mine
Discover a historic silver mine in the High Sierra.
- Museum Master Plan
- Tuolumne Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan
- Merced Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan
- Invasive Plant Management Plan
- Yosemite Institute Environmental Education Campus
- Construction and Project Updates
To learn more about ongoing projects, add your name to the park's planning mailing list, and receive the Planning Update newsletter as well as other planning-related notices or to submit your email address to receive Yosemite National Park's periodic electronic newsletter, please contact:
- Mail: Superintendent
Attn: Planning Mailing List
National Park Service
P.O. Box 577
Yosemite, CA 95389
- Fax: 209/379-1294
- Web: www.nps.gov/yose/planning
Visitors attending the Open House will have the entrance fee waived. If unable to attend, refer to the Yosemite National Park web site for a schedule of future Open House dates.