|Subscribe | What is RSS|
The National Park Service welcomes those interested to attend an Open House in Yosemite Valley on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm in the Valley Visitor Center Auditorium.
The public is invited to the Open House to:
- Talk to park staff and listen to presentations given throughout the day
- Access the latest news on various park projects
- Review newly released documents and reports
- Submit comments on proposed projects and ongoing implementation efforts
Planning efforts and projects that will be represented at this Open House are:
- Tuolumne Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan/Tuolumne Meadows Plan and Environmental Impact Statement: Public scoping comment period open through September 7, 2006!
- Douglas-Fir Tussock Moth Irruption
- El Capitan Meadow Restoration Project
- Segment D-El Portal Road Improvements
- Yosemite Lodge Area Redevelopment Project
Public scoping materials will be available and public comments accepted for the Tuolumne River Plan and Tuolumne Meadows Plan during this Open House. Comments will be accepted through September 7, 2006. Project managers for this plan will be available for questions, and a presentation about this planning effort will also take place throughout the day.
To learn more about ongoing projects, add your name to the park's planning mailing list and receive the Planning Update newsletter as well as other planning-related notices, or submit your email address to receive Yosemite National Park's periodic electronic newsletter.
Attn: Planning Mailing List
National Park Service
P.O. Box 577
Yosemite, CA 95389
Visitors attending the Open House will have the entrance fee waived. If unable to attend, refer to the Yosemite National Park web site for a schedule of future Open House dates.