|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Yosemite National Park announces the signing of the Badger Pass Ski Lodge Rehabilitation Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI). This document records the decision of the National Park Service (NPS) to adopt a plan for the rehabilitation of Badger Pass Ski Lodge as described under the Selected Action (Alternative 3 – Rehabilitation and Improvements) in the Badger Pass Ski Lodge Rehabilitation Environmental Assessment (EA). The FONSI, EA, and errata sheets are available at https://www.nps.gov/yose/parkmgmt/badgerlodge.htm.
The Selected Action will:
- Address the structural integrity of the lodge
- Upgrade mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire/life safety systems
- Replace temporary buildings with structures compatible with the historic site
- Address site drainage
- Improve accessibility and circulation
- Remove alterations made to the original lodge structure
- Protect features that contribute to the historic character of the site
- Reconfigure operational programs to improve visitor services
The park will implement the rehabilitation plan over a long-term period as funding becomes available. Immediate structural improvements to the lodge exterior deck are planned for summer 2012.
Public scoping on the project occurred from January 14, 2009 to February 13, 2009. The EA was available for review and comment from May 19, 2010 to July 7, 2010; three letters were received. All scoping and EA comments were reviewed by park staff, and all relative and substantive comments were considered throughout the planning process.
Requests for hardcopies of the Badger Pass Ski Lodge Rehabilitation FONSI are available on a limited basis. Requests can be submitted to: Superintendent, Yosemite National Park, Attn: Badger Pass Ski Lodge Rehabilitation, P.O. Box 577, Yosemite, CA 95389; or fax (209) 379-1294; or email.