History & Culture

On October 15, 1966 an Act of Congress (Public Law 89-671) provided for the establishment of Wolf Trap Farm Park (the park's original name) in Fairfax County, Virginia. The park was established "... for the performing arts and related educational programs, and for recreation use in connection therewith..."

Wolf Trap's name was officially changed from Wolf Trap Farm Park to Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts on August 21, 2002 (Public Law 107-219).

Learn more about the park’s history with the following pages:

Catherine Filene Shouse

Last updated: May 17, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

1551 Trap Road
Vienna, VA 22182-1643

Phone:

(703) 255-1800

Contact Us