Monument Entrance FeesEntrance fees are payable at the entrance station located on Dunes Drive. We accept checks, cash, and credit cards, including MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, Diner's Club, and JCB. Monument hours change throughout the year. To make sure you have plenty of time to visit please plan accordingly.
|Per Vehicle||Per Person||Per Motorcycle||White Sands Annual Pass|
|Note: the lesser amount will be charged.|
|Per person fee is for adults ages 16 & older|
Holders of the Interagency Annual Pass, Interagency Senior Pass, Interagency Access Pass, Interagency Volunteer Pass, and White Sands Annual Pass will be admitted free along with three other adults in a private non-commercial vehicle.
White Sands National Monument Annual Pass - $40
This pass admits the pass holder and three persons (16 years and older) in a private non-commercial vehicle into the park for free for a period of one year from month of purchase. It can only be purchased at the entrance station to White Sands National Monument. This pass does not apply to special use fees, such as camping and interpretive program fees.
America the Beautiful - the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass ProgramThese passes are your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites. Each pass covers entrance fees at national parks and national wildlife refuges as well as standard amenity fees (day use fees) at national forests and grasslands, and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. A pass covers entrance, standard amenity fees, and day use fees for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per vehicle fee areas (or up to four adults at sites that charge per person). Children age 15 or under are admitted free.
The following passes admit a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per vehicle fee areas (or up to four adults at sites that charge per person). Children age 15 or under are admitted free.
- Interagency Annual Pass: $80 - Annual pass covering entrance and standard amenity fees for national parks and other federal fee areas; Valid for 1 year through the month of purchase.
- Interagency Annual Pass for US Military: Free - Annual pass covering entrance and standard amenity fees for all national parks and other federal fee areas. Free to current US military personnel and their dependents with proper identification (current CAC Card or qualified DD Form 1173 required).
- Interagency 4th Grader Pass: Free - Available to U.S. 4th Graders (including home-schooled and free-choice learners 10 years of age). Valid for the duration of the 4th grade school year through the following summer (September to August).
- Interagency Senior Pass:
- $80 - Lifetime admission and discount pass for U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are age 62 and older.
- $20 - Annual admission and discount pass for U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are age 62 and older.
- Interagency Access Pass: Free - Lifetime admission and discount pass for U.S. citizens or permanent residents with documentation of permanent disability.
- Interagency Volunteer Pass: Free - Annual pass for volunteers with 250 cumulative service hours with federal agencies that participate in the Interagency Pass Program.
Fee Free DaysEvery year, the National Park Service picks certain holidays as fee free days. On these days, the entrance fees are waived for all national parks that charge fees. Commercial bus tour fees are not waived on fee free days. Fee free days are a great opportunity to visit your national parks.
Interpretive Program FeesProgram fees of $8.00 per person for anyone 16 years and older and $4.00 for anyone 15 years and young are charged for some of our interpretive programs. Program fees are charged for Lake Lucero Tours, Full Moon Hikes, and Sunrise Arts programs.
Backcountry Camping FeeBackcountry campers are required to pay monument entrance fees as well as camping fees. The camping fee is $3.00 per person age 16 and older and $1.50 for anyone age 15 and under. There is a 50% discount on camping fees for holders of the Federal Access and Senior passes. This discount is only valid for the cardholder. It does not apply to other campers in the group. Fees are collected at the fee station (not the visitor center) at the beginning of Dunes Drive.
Group Use Area Reservation FeeFrom family reunions to weddings to boy scout jamborees, White Sands National Monument has long been a popular location for large gatherings. Our group use area is the perfect location for private functions, and it is available for reservation. A $25 non-refundable reservation fee must be paid at the time of reservation.
Academic Fee WaiverThe Academic Fee Waiver is applicable to bona fide educational institutions using the monuments resources as part of their curriculum.
Commercial Bus ToursCommercial bus or van tours are charged a set fee based upon the capacity of the vehicle and not on the number of passengers. The fees are as follows.
Seating Capacity Fees
|1 to 6 seats||$25|
|7 to 25 seats||$40|
|26 or more seats||$100|
Special Use Permit Application FeesPermit Fees are non-refundable and are based on an annual cost recovery analysis approved by the Superintendent. These fees include the cost of permit processing, administration, and the basic monitoring of events.
Payment must be made in cash, traveler cheques, cashier check, or money order for the exact amount. No personal or company checks will be accepted. Make travelers cheques, cashier check, or money orders payable to National Park Service.
Please look to each individual permit type for more information on fees and how to submit an application.
Note: Other fees may apply. Cost Recovery can apply to any permit and be determined by the need to have a monitor, cleaning up site, etc.
|Special Use Permits Types||Administrative Application Cost|
|Commercial Filming and Photography||$200.00 additional fees may apply|
|Wedding||$25.00 additional fees may apply|
|Scattering of Ashes||$0|
|Research and Collection of Resources||$0|
|Early Entry or Stay Late||$50.00 per hour or any fraction thereof|
|First Amendment Activities||$0|