WHISKEYTOWN ENTRANCE FEES
All vehicles parked at Whiskeytown must display a valid entrance pass on the driver's side of the dashboard. Citations for failure to display a permit start at $130. By purchasing a pass, you are directly contributing to improvements at Whiskeytown.
Whether you're planning a single visit or coming back multiple times a year, enjoy the convenience of purchasing a pass before you arrive to cover any entrance fees. Learn more about site-specific digital pass options at Whiskeytown National Recreation Area and buy your pass.
* Be sure to keep you Your Pass Now printed or digital receipt on your person or your smart device during your visit to Whiskeytown National Recreation Area.
The visitor center will remain open every day from 10 am to 4 pm, except for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's days.
Please call the fee program office at (530) 242-3412 to inquire about available services.
- $15.00 Week - Walk-in/Bicycle/Public Transit - Valid at Whiskeytown for 7 days from date of purchase.
- $20.00 Week - Motorcycle - Valid at Whiskeytown for 7 days from date of purchase.
- $25.00 Week - Private Vehicle - Valid at Whiskeytown for 7 days from date of purchase.
- $45.00 Whiskeytown Annual Pass - Valid for one year from month of purchase. The Whiskeytown Annual Pass is also valid for entrance into Lassen Volcanic National Park.
Other valid passes include:
Lassen Volcanic Annual Pass
Interagency Passes (Click Here):
- America the Beautiful Annual
- Senior, Access, or Volunteer Pass
- Golden Age, Access Passports
- Military Annual Pass
Other locations that sell Interagency Passes
The senior, Access, Military and $80 Annual Passes may be obtained at the two offices Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 (except major holidays):
US Forest Service office at 3644 Avtech Parkway (near the airport in the USDA Service Center) Phone: 530-226-2500
Bureau of Land Management office at 6640 Lockheed Dr., Redding (near the airport) Phone: 530-224-2100
ONLY the Senior and Access Passes may be obtained at these two offices from Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 (except major holidays):
Shasta Lake Ranger Station (not the visitor center, which is closed in winter) at 14225 Holiday Road (down the street from the visitor center) Phone: 530-275-1587
Weaverville Ranger Station at 360 Main Street in Weaverville Phone: 530-623-2121
Please note that the Shasta Dam visitor center does not sell any Interagency Passes.
Seven Day Entrance Passes may be purchased at eight pay-by-envelope stations throughout the park and at the Visitor Center.
Buy the $80 Interagency Pass on-line
Go to the United States Geological Survey website and pay by credit card: www.usgs.gov. Click on the link on the right side of the home page that says "Buy recreation passes."
Senior and Access Passes can be purchased by mail
Order forms are available at the visitor center or online at www.usgs.gov. There is an extra $10 charge for shipping and handling.
ACADEMIC ENTRANCE FEE WAIVER
Groups from bona fide educational institutions are eligible for an entrance fee waiver if they are coming to study park resources. Requests should be sent at least 2 weeks in advance of visit using the form below.
Application for Academic Fee Waiver
Mark Your 2019 Calendars for National Park Service Fee Free Days!
Whiskeytown National Recreation Area joins national parks across the nation in waiving the entrance fees on50 days in 2019. The following dates are fee free:*
- Monday, January 21: Martin Luther King Jr.
- Saturday, April 20: First Day of National Park Week / National Junior Ranger Day
- Sunday, August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- Saturday, September 28: National Public Lands Day
- Monday, November 11: Veterans Day
*Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.