|Subscribe | What is RSS|
If you believe you have caught a northern snakehead…
• DO NOT RELEASE IT.
• Kill it immediately and freeze it (in case it is requested by fisheries agencies for positive identification).
• If possible, take pictures of the fish, including close ups of its mouth, fins and tail.
• Note where it was caught (waterbody, landmarks or GPS coordinates).
• Report it to:
- The National Park Service (firstname.lastname@example.org, 570-493-1022 cell/texts).
- Your regional New York DEC fisheries office (http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7927.html) or to DEC’s Invasive Species Bureau (518-402-9425 | e-mail us).
- Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission-Report Aquatic Invasive Species-www.fishandboat.com/ais-reporting.htm
- You can also submit a report through iMapinvasives at www.nyimapinvasives.org, or ww.paimapinvasives.org
Last updated: August 23, 2020