Frequently Asked Questions

Is there lodging or camping available in the park?

The National Park Service does not operate any lodging or camping facilities within Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River. However, numerous privately owned facilities are along or near the river.

For links to tourist information agencies and additional loging options, please see Nearby Attractions.

Does the park rent canoes, kayaks, tubes or rafts?

Privately owned canoe liveries are licensed under Incidental Business Permits to operate within the boundaries of Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River. Many have their own web pages with more information to help plan your Upper Delaware river trip.

None of these establishments are operated by the National Park Service.

Is there a place to swim in the river?

There are no designated or life guarded swimming areas within Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River.

The Upper Delaware includes swift currents, rapids, eddies, sudden drop-offs, slippery rocks, and floating or submerged debris.

Most of the drownings along the Upper Delaware River are swimming related. The National Park Service encourages you to wear a life jacket and appropriate footwear even when swimming, wading, or floating.

Please visit River Safety for more information and recommendations for a safe and enjoyable visit.

Is there an entrance fee for the park?

There are no park entrance fees or interpretive program fees.

Where can I get my NPS passport stamped?

Upper Delaware has two passport stamps. They are availabe at the Zane Grey Museum and at the park headquarters.

Last updated: January 21, 2015

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

274 River Road
Beach Lake, PA 18405


570 685-4871

Contact Us