The Timucuan Preserve can be reached by boat, bike, car, RV or foot. However you intend on getting here, we recommend doing some planning first. As part of a large urban park system, we have something to offer every visitor.
Quick Links to Information about:
Tips for Visiting:
- The address listed above is for the main visitor center located at Fort Caroline, if you plan on visiting Theodore Roosevelt Area, American Beach, Cedar Point or Kingsley Plantation see our directions page for site addresses.
- Dogs are welcome in the park but must be on a six foot leash at all times.
- The planter's house at Kingsley Plantation is only open on weekends by reservation.
- Docks close at 4:30 p.m. at Kingsley Plantation and Fort Caroline.
- Check the local weather before you come out and bring water and/or sunscreen as needed.
- Be prepared for biting insects including ticks. Bug repellent is recommended.
- A covered picnic area is available next to the visitor center.
- Check for updates on closures.
Last updated: November 14, 2017