Healthy Parks Healthy People is founded on the idea that parks can be gateways to good health—for people and the planet.
1. The National Park Service is a healthy place.
2. Healthy Parks Healthy People contributes to the health of parks and ecosystems.
3. Improvements to and maintenance of, existing and new facilities,programs, and environments optimize overall health benefits.
1. NPS employees are ambassadors for healthy living.
2. People are inspired to improve their health in parks.
3. Community engagement and partnerships amplify healthbenefits of parks.
4. Healthy Parks Healthy People enhances the economic wellbeing and resiliency of local and regional communities.
We welcome all people, from all walks of life to join in the Healthy Parks Healthy People movement.What are you waiting for? There are more than 400 national parks across the country with countless opportunities to find health, healing and happiness in a park near you.
Come on out, have some fun, learn something, and get healthy.
Learn more about how we are putting parks to work for your health on our Healthy Parks Healthy People home page.
Last updated: May 25, 2023