Permits and Reservations

Drive-In Campgrounds
For information on reserving a campsite in one of our three drive-in campgrounds, please go to the Camping page. Sites are rustic, without electical hookups, hot water, or showers. $25 per night.

Backcountry Camping
Permits are required for backcountry (hike-in or boat-in) camping year-round. Sites are $5 per person per night; plus there is a $15 reservation fee. For information on backcountry camping and how to get a permit, please go to our Backcountry Camping page.


Commercial Use Authorization
Commercial Use Authorizations (CUA) may be issued to individuals, corporations, or other entities to provide commercial services to park visitors in limited circumstances. These services involve the incidental use of park resources by operations that originate and terminate outside of the park. There is a fee for the CUA. For more information, click here.

Special Use Permits
Weddings, memorial services, ceremonies, and other similar kinds of events within the national lakeshore require a special use permit. For more information, click here. For commercial filming and photography permit information, click here.

Scientific Research
A permit is required for scientific activities that involve fieldwork, specimen collection, and/or have the potential to disturb resources or visitors.

Please visit the NPS Research Permit and Reporting System

PRNL contact:
Chief of Science and Resource Stewardship
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
P.O. Box 40
Munising, MI 49862


Events Taking Place on Alger County Road H-58

Many events on H-58 require a permit from the Alger County Road Commission. Please contact the ACRC directly at:

Alger County Road Commission
E9264 State Hwy. M-28
Munising, MI 49862

Organizers of events are also asked to contact and coordinate with the National Park Service well in advance by contacting:

Chief Ranger
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
PO Box 40
Munising, MI 49862


Last updated: November 7, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 40
Munising , MI 49862


Munising Falls Visitor Center

Contact Us

Stay Connected