|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Rita Garcia, (928) 524-6228 ext. 273
Petrified Forest National Park Cultural Demonstrators for Arizona Archeology and Heritage Awareness Month, March 2008
Petrified Forest - “Share Our Dirt” is the 2008 theme for Arizona Archeology and Heritage Awareness Month. Every Saturday in the Month of March, Petrified Forest National Park will host cultural demonstrators to share their dirt and stories with the public. The demonstrations take place in the park at the Painted Desert Inn National Historic Landmark from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time. Come explore our richly diverse cultural and ethnic heritage!
- March 1st- The Winslow Fred Harvey Girls talk about digging in dumps to find treasure.
- March 8th- Otto Lucio creates traditional Zuni jewelry from native stones and gems.
- March 15th- The Westika family of Zuni paint clay pottery and carve stone fetishes.
- March 22nd- Eileen Yatsattie shapes beautiful traditional Zuni pottery.
- March 29th- Gwen Setalla makes decorated traditional Hopi pottery.
For more information call (928) 524-6228 weekdays, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time; or write to the Superintendent, Petrified Forest National Park, P.O. Box 2217, Petrified Forest, AZ 86028; or e-mail the park.