|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Hallie Larsen, 928-524-6228 x274
Petrified Forest—On December 8, 2008, celebrate Petrified Forest National Park’s 102nd Anniversary!
Activities at Petrified Forest include:
- Anniversary and Holiday Open House at the Painted Desert National Historic Landmark from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on Dec. 8—enjoy hot drinks, cookies, and holiday cheer.
- Cultural demonstrator Otto Lucio will demonstrate Zuni silversmith and jewelry-making on Dec. 8 from 10 am to 4 pm. He will have some of his beautiful work available for sale through the Petrified Forest Museum Association.
- 10:00 am Tour of Puerco Pueblo and Petroglyphs, discover the ancestral Puebloan people.
- 11:00 am Rainbow Forest Museum: Late Triassic Ranger Program, learn about petrified wood and the ancient environment.
- 1:00 pm Tour of the Painted Desert Inn: look for the architectural details that reflect the region’s rich heritage, including a skylight by the CCC and murals by Hopi artist Fred Kaboti.
For more information call (928) 524-6228 weekdays, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time; or write to the Superintendent, Petrified Forest National Park, P.O. Box 2217, Petrified Forest, AZ 86028; or e-mail the park.