80% of park fees stay within Padre Island National Seashore and go to improving the visitor experience. The other 20% of park fees goes to improving the visitor experience at parks that don't collect entrance fees, like San Antonio Missions NHP.
Fee Free days:
Several days each year, the National Park Service offers free admission to all parks that charge entrance fees, including Padre Island National Seashore. Mark your calendar and save these dates!
The following fees and passes can be purchased online before your visit, but may also be purchased in person at the entrance station upon your arrival. If you will be staying overnight in the park, please purchase a 7-day pass.
Debit and credit cards are preferred for payment over cash.
Those with federal interagency passes enter free.
In addition to the park entrance fee, other fees apply to the use of specific areas within the park.
Those with federal interagency lifetime passes (i.e. Access, Senior) receive a 50% discount on these additional fees. Please note that Senior Bird Island Basin Boat Ramp passes are not available online at this time
Federal Interagency Passes
Interagency Annual Pass: $80
Available for: Everyone
Interagency Annual Military Pass: Free
Available for: Current U.S. military members and their dependents in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, and Space Force, as well as Reserve and National Guard members
Interagency Senior Pass: $20 Annual $80 Lifetime
Available for: U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over. Applicants must provide documentation of age and residency or citizenship.
Interagency Access Pass: Free
Available for: U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities. Applicants must provide documentation of permanent disability and residency or citizenship.
Annual 4th Grade Pass: Free
(valid for the duration of the 4th grade school year though the following summer (September-August)
Available for: U.S. 4th graders (including home-schooled and free-choice learners 10 years of age) with a valid Every Kid Outdoors paper pass
Interagency Volunteer Annual Pass: Free
Last updated: May 31, 2022