Fee: $8.00/night or $4.00/night with an Interagency Senior or Access Pass. This fee is in addition to the park entrance fee. PLEASE NOTE: This camping fee is paid at a self-registration kiosk. The correct amount of cash (or check) is required and no change is available. Credit cards are accepted.
Description: Tucked in the dunes with a view of the Gulf of Mexico and just half of a mile north of the visitor center, Malaquite Campground features 48 semi-primitive designated sites. Tent campers are welcome to set up camp on the beach or at the campsite. Each site has a maximum capacity of two tents, two vehicles, and eight people. Camping is accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations are accepted.
Amenities: This campground provides flush toilets, cold-water rinse showers, and paved parking. Each site has a picnic table. Sites on the Gulf side also have shade structures and grills. There are no hook-ups available, but there is a gray/black water dump station and potable water filling station off of the entry road to the campground.
- Fires are permitted in fully contained barbecue grills at designated sites.
- Please do not run generators between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- A 14-day camping limit is in effect at all camping areas. At the end of 14 days of camping anywhere within the park, campers must vacate their site and leave the park for a minimum of 48 hours before returning to camp. The total number of days spent camping in the park should not exceed 56 calendar days per year, in any combination of visits or consecutive nights.
- Check out time is 12:00 noon.
- Camping fees for Malaquite Campground are $8.00 per night or $4.00 per night with a valid Interagency Senior or Access Pass.