Permits & Reservations

Backcountry Permits & Reservations

Permits are required year round for all overnight stays in the backcountry within the North Cascades National Park Service Complex (North Cascades National Park, Ross Lake and Lake Chelan National Recreation Areas). Visit the Backcountry Permits page for complete details on permitting.

The park also accepts advance reservations beginning in spring for backcountry permits for a portion of the sites in the park. Visit the Backcountry Reservations page for more information.


Car Camping Reservations

All drive-in campgrounds along State Route 20 are on a reservation system through Campground reservations are accepted during the specified season dates; campgrounds may also be open before or after the reservation season on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations can be made online at or by phone at 1-877-444-6777. You may use the links below for the specific campgrounds.

Goodell Creek Campground
Gorge Lake Campground
Newhalem Creek Campground
Colonial Creek South Campground
Colonial Creek North Campground
Lower Goodell Group Campground
Upper Goodell Group Campground


Other Permits, Passes and Fees

Commercial, Guided, and Special Use Permits

Visit the Fees and Passes page for information on dock permits and other passes that may be needed.

Last updated: October 4, 2021

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

810 State Route 20
Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284


360 854-7200

Contact Us