Trail and Facilities Closures
- The Owens Creek Trail and waterfall site at milepost 52.4 is closed due to safety concerns. Erosion is causing the trail to break away. For your safety, please observe posted closures.
- The Rocky Springs Trail, one of several trails through the Rocky Springs site (milepost 54.8) has been closed until further notice due to safety concerns. Signs will be posted to indicated the closed trail. This closure does NOT impact the Rocky Springs Town Site trail or the Historic Trace and campground trail. See a map indicating the closure here.
- The historic barn at milepost 414 is a safety hazard, and closed to the public. This is NOT the barn at the Tobacco Farm at milepost 401.4.
- The restrooms at Jacks Branch, milepost 377.8, are closed indefinitely due to septic system failure.
Hikers along the Natchez Trace National Scenic Trail can expect the following closures or detours:
- The Natchez Trace National Scenic Trail (NOT the parkway) at Owen's Creek (milepost 52.4) is closed due to safety concerns. For your safety, please observe posted closures.