Montrose Landing - Montrose, Iowa
The pioneers landed in Montrose, on the west shore of the Mississippi River, during their exodus from Nauvoo in 1846. The first wagon, belonging to Charles Shumway, was ferried across the river on February 4.
The Mormons continued their exodus from Nauvoo through September, when the last members of the church were run out of town by hostile mobs.
More Mormon Pioneer NHT sites:
Last updated: February 15, 2019