|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Mary G Martin, (530) 595-4444, ext. 5101
Share your "Great Shot" and win the Lassen Volcanic Annual Park Pass Photo Contest
Wow, that’s a great shot!! Each year thousands of wonderful pictures are taken in Lassen Volcanic National Park. If you have one of those "great shots" this is your chance for a year of fame. This year’s contest will end on September 5, 2006. "Send us your favorite picture of this magnificent place," Superintendent Martin said. "The photo contest is a great opportunity for park visitors to share their favorite images of the park." The winner’s photo will be featured on the 2006 Lassen Volcanic Annual Park Pass. The winning photographer will also receive a $50 gift certificate, courtesy of the Lassen Loomis Museum Association to spend at one of the park bookstores.
• Photo subject must be of or within Lassen Volcanic National Park
• Photos must be no larger than 5" X 7" and printed on photo quality paper
• Slides and digital files will not be accepted
• Limit of two photos per household
• Entries must be received by the Park’s Fee Office no later than close of business on Tuesday, September 5, 2006
• Photos will not be returned and will become the property of the United States of America, National Park Service
The contest is open to the general public, park employees, volunteers and their families. Photos should be mailed to:
Lassen Volcanic National Park
Attn: Fee Office
P.O. Box 100
Mineral, California 96063- 0100
or dropped of to the park is person. For each photo submitted, enter your name, address, phone number, subject and location of each photo on a separate sheet of paper. Park employees and Volunteers will serve as the judges for the contest.
The $25 Lassen Volcanic Annual Park Pass is valid for one year from the date of purchase and is also honored at Whiskeytown National Recreation Area. Without the annual pass visitors pay the $10 entrance fee per vehicle which is valid for seven consecutive days.
For more information, please contact Brandon Flint at (530) 595- 4444 Ext 5103 or for TDD at (530) 595- 3480, Monday through Friday, except holidays, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.